The Wai`anae Hawaiian Civic Club
Wai`anae Hawaiian Civic Club (WHCC) is proud to offer a scholarship that
fosters the ideals of Prince Jonah Kuhio Kalaniana`ole, founder of the
Hawaiian Civic Clubs. These
ideals embrace the principles of good government and citizenship, active
interest in civic, commercial, social and moral welfare of the indigenous
· Must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited institution of higher learning pursuing studies that contribute to a better understanding of Hawaiian culture, history, politics and language.
· Must have a GPA of 2.5 or better for graduating high school seniors; GPA of 3.0 or better for undergraduate and graduate students.
· Must be of Hawaiian ancestry
· Preference will be given to applicants who are members of WHCC in good standing, including directly related family members.
Based on available funds, WHCC
will provide one (1) award in the amount of $500 for the academic school
year 2007 – 2008.
$250 will be presented in the form of a check, and the balance
of $250, after completion of required event (*).
The items listed below must be submitted before your application will be considered:
· Completed WHCC application form.
· Three (3) Letters of Reference.
· Official grade transcripts from each high school, college or university attended.
· Evidence of admission to an institute of higher learning for undergraduate or graduate students.
· One full-length page essay (type written preferred) on work that contributes to Hawaiian culture, history, politics and language. Also include your immediate family background.
· (*) Recipient must complete (no substitutes) at least one (1) event during the academic year with the WHCC. The scholarship chair will notify you of upcoming events.
Completed application form and
all required documents must be postmarked no later than
For an application form or more information you can download and print the application form by clicking the link below, or, contact your high school counselor, or, write to:
Amy Zizzi, Scholarship Chair
84-559 Upena Street
Wai`anae, HI 96792
© Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved